I kept trying this without any luck. I can't get into the file system directory through BitPim. I tried with USB and with bluetooth.
Hi, I'm sorry for the belated response.[Before reading the rest of this, for BitPim to communicate with the phone maybe a person has to first install the drivers for the phone. Since I've always installed the drivers for a phone prior to using USB Mass Storage mode for transferring music, videos and pictures, I don't know if BitPim requires those drivers in order to communicate with the phone. In other words, I haven't happened to use BitPim before when a phone's drivers are not on the computer. If the drivers ARE necessary and you haven't installed them yet on your computer, then maybe that's the only step that you're missing. I download the drivers from Verizon's website here: http://www.vzam.net/download/download.aspx ]
- after the Reality/u370 is plugged into the computer via the USB cable, don't put the phone into either "USB Mass Storage mode" or "Media Sync Mode"/"MTP". Instead, put the phone into "Modem Mode"
- if the phone's Bluetooth is on, turn it off. If it's off, keep it off
- launch BitPim
- If BitPim was previously set to "Detect phone at bitpim startup" in the BitPim settings, then BitPim might display this message:
"Phone Detection: Found Other CDMA phone on COM20"
Or on your computer maybe the COM number in this setting will be a different number. Regardless of what the COM number is in the message, just click "OK" to accept it because we'll being changing that setting in a moment
- at the top of the screen, click 'Edit' and then click 'Settings'
- in the screen "BitPim Settings", where it says "Phone Type" choose "SCH-U750 (Alias 2)"
- beneath "Phone Type" is "Com Port". Change that to auto
- at this point, this is all the configuring that I've needed to do in BitPim for the Reality/u370; I have the u370
- close the "BitPim Settings" screen and then at the main screen in the left-hand column single-click "Filesystem"
If you don't see "Filesystem" listed in the left-hand column, I'll tell you how to make it appear. At the top of the BitPim screen is 'File', 'Edit', 'Data', 'View', Debug', Help'
Click on 'View' and click 'View Filesystem'. In the left-hand pane, 'Filesystem' will now appear above the word 'Log'
- then in the middle column click the "+" next to the file folder and then during the next few seconds BitPim will read the phone's files and file folders and display them on the screen in the middle column. At this point then follow the instructions in my first post.